Update from our healthcare team as of March 20, 2020
At Cambie Animal Hospital we will continue to provide services to the best of our abilities during these tough times. While local authorities [have ordered/may order] non-essential businesses to close, the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association considers veterinary services to be essential and we remain available for essential care. We are adapting plans and protocols reflecting recommendations from public health and veterinary authorities to ensure our hospital teams can continue to provide care for your pet.
During operating hours, our veterinarian and staffing team may be limited and our hospital may need to triage patients based on medical needs. At this time, we will also be rescheduling all non-urgent, elective procedures and examinations (example: boarding, grooming, elective surgeries, and dental procedures). To minimize exposure, we are operating a closed-door hospital. We ask you to stay outside or in your vehicle and please call us at 604-321-6600 when you arrive.
● We will take a medical history on the call, and a staff member will bring your pet into the clinic for an exam with a veterinarian. Drop-off appointments will also be provided as alternatives to in-person visits.
● After the exam, we will call you with the recommended treatment plan, and then bring your pet back to your vehicle
● If you are picking up food or medication, please wait outside and we will bring it to you
- Please be aware that there is a delay in deliveries from our supplier, there is no supply shortage but our deliveries may take a few extra days to arrive. We are temporarily suspending food pickups at our Hospital and you need to call us first for arrangement. Alternatively, food & medications can be purchased & delivered, directly to your home at: www.myvetstore.ca/cambievet
Please give do not come to the hospital if:
● You have travelled outside of Canada within the past 2 weeks
● You are feeling any symptoms such as a cough, fever, or difficulty breathing
● If you have been or are in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Give us a call and we will discuss alternative arrangements to ensure that your pet receives the care it needs
We appreciate your patience during this time, as there may be higher call volumes and longer wait times as we screen appointment bookings. As the COVID-19 situation rapidly evolves, we will continue to keep you up to date so that you can make the best decisions for your pet’s healthcare.
Your Cambie Animal Hospital team
Last updated: March 20, 2020